News and Announcements
- Freshmen have you signed up for your Sept checkup? Go to https://appointments.pnhs.purdue.edu/
- Academic Success Center free workshops, http://www.purdue.edu/asc for listing.
- Coordinated Program in Dietetics - Application due Sept 29th. Contact Dinah Dalder if any questions.
- Law School Fair, September 16th, 1 – 5 pm at the Rec Center
Registration is open for the Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo, September 21-22, 2014.
Purdue students have two options for registering. Participate in all Grad School Expo activities, and pay the regular registration fee of $35.
Or, attend only the Graduate School Fair for free. A Purdue ID is required for this option.
For more information, visit the special Purdue student registration site.
All students, including women and members of underrepresented groups, are encouraged to attend.
Visit www.purdue.edu/gradexpo for more information and to register.
Undergraduate meeting September 30th. WTHR 200, 6:30pm. Mark your calendars. Good time to learn about the many opportunities available to you in the department. You don’t want to miss it!
Abbott Virtual Career Information Sessions. Click here to register. Virtual sessions will be held on the following dates:
- September 19th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- September 30th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- October 14th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- October 24th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- November 14th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
Volunteers are needed to help plan activities for and also attend/participate in the Damar Wellness Fair in Indianapolis. The fair will be held on Friday, October 3rd from 1 to 5:30 pm. We will be providing transportation to the event. If students are interested in this volunteer opportunity, have them contact Donna Zoss.
Grants available to students for service projects-
Purdue announced they will provide grants to students and student organizations for work on community service learning projects.
The application and guidelines for the Student Grant Program for Community Service/Service Learning Projects can be found online at
Applications must be submitted online for the fall semester projects by Oct. 1.
Inquiries can be directed to Denise Hilton in the Office of Engagement at 49-40899 or email@example.com.
- Graduating in Dec. 2014??? Let us know for sure.
- Schedule revision calendar for Fall 2014 on line at www.purdue.edu/Registrar/calendars/index.html
- Don’t forget to look at the Freshman guide for resources.
Help sessions can be found at the Academic success center, Biology resource center, chemistry resource room, Supplemental Instructions(SI), counseling and guidance, math help room, writing lab, boiler copy maker, psychological services. Google search any of these resources on the Purdue webpage for assistance.
TIPS: Khan Academy has a library of YouTube tutorials that might assist with math, chemistry, or statistics. Check it out if you’re having some course issues.
- For more information on scholarships, go to
- The Nutrition Science Team (Sam Martinez, Haley Kaub, Megan Farley, and Hannah Bercot) won first place at the Boiler Culinary Competition.
- Kristen Clark was named the 2014 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Amber Nolder received the IDA Scholarship
- Jennifer Mansfield received the AND Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson received the All Access Internship Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson was named the 2013 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Lauren O'Connor received the College of HHS Dean's Choice Award for her "Mobile MyPlate" poster at the 2013 Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium.
- Kirsten Clawson received the 2013 Didactic Program Outstanding Student Award from the Indiana Dietetic Association.
- Amber Nolder received the 2013 Indiana Dietetic Association Scholarship.
- Noelle Carr received the 2012 IDA Outstanding Dietetics Student Award for a CP Program.
- Lyndsey Maxwell-Huss was named the 2012 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Congratulations to the winning team of CSR and Nutrition Science students who took first prize in the annual Abbott Nutrition Sales competition: Sarah Korni, Jenny Megalli, and Martie Burris.
- Jacquie Sullivan was names the 2011 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Erin Harpenau was names the 2010 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Tracy Ochs received the 2009 Principle Financial Group Scholarship
- Maggie McKay received the 2009 IDA Scholarship
- Lindsey Maxwell, Monica Poplawski and Rachel Hadley received 2009 Indiana Dietetic Association Membership Scholarships
- Monica Poplawski, Lara Schliter, Lyndsey Maxwell, and Rebecca Hewins received the 2009 Kappa Omicron Nu Scholarships
- Amanda Monroe received the 2009 Maple Leaf Farms Scholarship
- Kristen Barrett received the 2009 Mary Louise Foster Award
- Jocelyn Sherrod received the 2009 Cecelia and Arthur Stuart Memorial Scholarship
- Leslie Cradler, an undergraduate in the Department of Foods and Nutrition, has been awarded a research enhancement award from Purdue's Center for Families for her project, "Are adolescent attitudes toward calcium rich foods and intake of dietary calcium related to the presence of grandparent(s) living in the household?"
- Amy Conklin was named the 2009 Foods and Nutrition Outstanding Senior
- Suzanne "Maggie" McKay is one of three recipients of the 2009 Amelia Earhart Scholarship given to students who demonstrate exemplary leadership skill, determination and potential