News and Announcements
Paulina Segovia was named the 2015 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
Learning Community: We have created The Science of Nutrition Learning Community to provide first-year students with the opportunity to explore the scientific basis that helps us understand the relationships between foods and health while building a community. This community will learn together, socialize together, get to know faculty, and participate in active learning through specialized events both on and off campus.
For Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program information, go to http://med.uc.edu/SURF
Help sessions can be found at the Academic success center, Biology resource center, chemistry resource room, Supplemental Instructions(SI), counseling and guidance, math help room, writing lab, boiler copy maker, psychological services. Google search any of these resources on the Purdue webpage for assistance.
TIPS: Khan Academy has a library of YouTube tutorials that might assist with math, chemistry, or statistics. Check it out if you’re having some course issues.
- For more information on scholarships, go to
- The Nutrition Science Team (Sam Martinez, Haley Kaub, Megan Farley, and Hannah Bercot) won first place at the Boiler Culinary Competition.
- Kristen Clark was named the 2014 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Amber Nolder received the IDA Scholarship
- Jennifer Mansfield received the AND Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson received the All Access Internship Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson was named the 2013 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Lauren O'Connor received the College of HHS Dean's Choice Award for her "Mobile MyPlate" poster at the 2013 Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium.
- Kirsten Clawson received the 2013 Didactic Program Outstanding Student Award from the Indiana Dietetic Association.
- Amber Nolder received the 2013 Indiana Dietetic Association Scholarship.
- Noelle Carr received the 2012 IDA Outstanding Dietetics Student Award for a CP Program.
- Lyndsey Maxwell-Huss was named the 2012 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Congratulations to the winning team of CSR and Nutrition Science students who took first prize in the annual Abbott Nutrition Sales competition: Sarah Korni, Jenny Megalli, and Martie Burris.
- Jacquie Sullivan was names the 2011 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Erin Harpenau was names the 2010 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Tracy Ochs received the 2009 Principle Financial Group Scholarship
- Maggie McKay received the 2009 IDA Scholarship
- Lindsey Maxwell, Monica Poplawski and Rachel Hadley received 2009 Indiana Dietetic Association Membership Scholarships
- Monica Poplawski, Lara Schliter, Lyndsey Maxwell, and Rebecca Hewins received the 2009 Kappa Omicron Nu Scholarships
- Amanda Monroe received the 2009 Maple Leaf Farms Scholarship
- Kristen Barrett received the 2009 Mary Louise Foster Award
- Jocelyn Sherrod received the 2009 Cecelia and Arthur Stuart Memorial Scholarship
- Leslie Cradler, an undergraduate in the Department of Foods and Nutrition, has been awarded a research enhancement award from Purdue's Center for Families for her project, "Are adolescent attitudes toward calcium rich foods and intake of dietary calcium related to the presence of grandparent(s) living in the household?"
- Amy Conklin was named the 2009 Foods and Nutrition Outstanding Senior
- Suzanne "Maggie" McKay is one of three recipients of the 2009 Amelia Earhart Scholarship given to students who demonstrate exemplary leadership skill, determination and potential