News and Announcements
Spring 2015 Registration, Use the Appointment Link
Official list of classes and time tickets come out on October 13th.
- Priority: October 15th - October 17th
- Seniors: October 20th - October 28th
- Juniors: October 29th - November 4th
- Sophomores: November 5th - November 9th
- Freshman: November 5th - November 19th
Allow time for each class to set up appointments on our calendars. Registration does not start for priority until Tuesday, October 28th.
Testing out of COM 114. Written exam Friday, October 17th, BRNG 2280, 5:00 pm and Oral Exam Oct 30th, 5:30pm, BRNG B230 More Details »
HHS Career Development, October 23rd will host Careers & Programs in the Community Service 6:30pm - 8:30pm in Marriott Atrium. City year, Peace Corp, and Teach for America will discuss their programs.
Abbott Virtual Career Information Sessions. Click here to register. Virtual sessions will be held on the following dates:
- October 14th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- October 24th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- November 14th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- Graduating in Dec. 2014??? Let us know for sure.
- Schedule revision calendar for Fall 2014 on line at www.purdue.edu/Registrar/calendars/index.html
Bradford Woods recreation Therapy Summer Camp Opportunities. email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.bradwoods.org/program-areas-2/recreation-therapy/get-involved/. Camp Riley website at http://www.rileykids.org.
- Don’t forget to look at the Freshman guide for resources.
Help sessions can be found at the Academic success center, Biology resource center, chemistry resource room, Supplemental Instructions(SI), counseling and guidance, math help room, writing lab, boiler copy maker, psychological services. Google search any of these resources on the Purdue webpage for assistance.
TIPS: Khan Academy has a library of YouTube tutorials that might assist with math, chemistry, or statistics. Check it out if you’re having some course issues.
- For more information on scholarships, go to
- The Nutrition Science Team (Sam Martinez, Haley Kaub, Megan Farley, and Hannah Bercot) won first place at the Boiler Culinary Competition.
- Kristen Clark was named the 2014 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Amber Nolder received the IDA Scholarship
- Jennifer Mansfield received the AND Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson received the All Access Internship Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson was named the 2013 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Lauren O'Connor received the College of HHS Dean's Choice Award for her "Mobile MyPlate" poster at the 2013 Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium.
- Kirsten Clawson received the 2013 Didactic Program Outstanding Student Award from the Indiana Dietetic Association.
- Amber Nolder received the 2013 Indiana Dietetic Association Scholarship.
- Noelle Carr received the 2012 IDA Outstanding Dietetics Student Award for a CP Program.
- Lyndsey Maxwell-Huss was named the 2012 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Congratulations to the winning team of CSR and Nutrition Science students who took first prize in the annual Abbott Nutrition Sales competition: Sarah Korni, Jenny Megalli, and Martie Burris.
- Jacquie Sullivan was names the 2011 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Erin Harpenau was names the 2010 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Tracy Ochs received the 2009 Principle Financial Group Scholarship
- Maggie McKay received the 2009 IDA Scholarship
- Lindsey Maxwell, Monica Poplawski and Rachel Hadley received 2009 Indiana Dietetic Association Membership Scholarships
- Monica Poplawski, Lara Schliter, Lyndsey Maxwell, and Rebecca Hewins received the 2009 Kappa Omicron Nu Scholarships
- Amanda Monroe received the 2009 Maple Leaf Farms Scholarship
- Kristen Barrett received the 2009 Mary Louise Foster Award
- Jocelyn Sherrod received the 2009 Cecelia and Arthur Stuart Memorial Scholarship
- Leslie Cradler, an undergraduate in the Department of Foods and Nutrition, has been awarded a research enhancement award from Purdue's Center for Families for her project, "Are adolescent attitudes toward calcium rich foods and intake of dietary calcium related to the presence of grandparent(s) living in the household?"
- Amy Conklin was named the 2009 Foods and Nutrition Outstanding Senior
- Suzanne "Maggie" McKay is one of three recipients of the 2009 Amelia Earhart Scholarship given to students who demonstrate exemplary leadership skill, determination and potential