News and Announcements
Nutrition Science undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty are invited to the NUTR 424 Seminar Event: Thursday, December 4th, 2014 in Stewart Center 314 from 10:30 to 11:20 a.m. Presentations will be given by these NUTR 424 students at the following times:
For more information: Click Here (PDF)
Bridget Wieckowski "What is Gluten and Should I Eliminate it?"
Amanda Crawford "Dual Diagnosis: Managing Both Type I Diabetes and Celiac Disease"
Limited seating. Reserve your space by signing up here.
Walk-ins allowed if space is available.
If your class is giving credit for attendance, sign-in sheets will be available at the event, registration does not count for attendance.
NUTR 424 Food Demonstrations: Brain Food for Finals
Tuesday, December 9th 2014 6 – 9:30 p.m.
Purdue University Division of Recreational Sports
Demonstration Kitchen in Recreational Sports Center
Learn quick, easy and healthy recipes that will help boost your mood, energy and mental performance during Final Exam Week! Students from NUTR 424, the Department of Nutrition Science’s Nutrition Communication class, will highlight a variety of recipes and “stress-free” strategies during a series of “mini demos.” Absolutely free, but registration required.
For more details, click here.
Call out for the French Culture, Food and Health Study Abroad Program is November 19th at 5:30pm in STON G-53.
French Culture, Food and Health Study Abroad program: Spring Break (March 14 - 22).
For more information click here.
Deadline to enroll is January 12, 2015
Spring 2015 Registration, Use the Appointment Link
Allow time for each class to set up appointments on our calendars.
- Priority: October 15th - October 17th
- Seniors: October 20th - October 28th
- Juniors: October 29th - November 4th
- Sophomores: November 5th - November 9th
- Freshman: November 5th - November 19th
Abbott Virtual Career Information Sessions. Click here to register. A virtual session will be held on November 14th, 3:30 - 4:15pm CST
- Schedule revision calendar for Fall 2014 on line at www.purdue.edu/Registrar/calendars/index.html
Bradford Woods recreation Therapy Summer Camp Opportunities. firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at http://www.bradwoods.org/program-areas-2/recreation-therapy/get-involved/. Camp Riley website at http://www.rileykids.org.
- Don’t forget to look at the Freshman guide for resources.
Help sessions can be found at the Academic success center, Biology resource center, chemistry resource room, Supplemental Instructions(SI), counseling and guidance, math help room, writing lab, boiler copy maker, psychological services. Google search any of these resources on the Purdue webpage for assistance.
TIPS: Khan Academy has a library of YouTube tutorials that might assist with math, chemistry, or statistics. Check it out if you’re having some course issues.
- For more information on scholarships, go to
- The Nutrition Science Team (Sam Martinez, Haley Kaub, Megan Farley, and Hannah Bercot) won first place at the Boiler Culinary Competition.
- Kristen Clark was named the 2014 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Amber Nolder received the IDA Scholarship
- Jennifer Mansfield received the AND Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson received the All Access Internship Scholarship
- Kirsten Clawson was named the 2013 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Lauren O'Connor received the College of HHS Dean's Choice Award for her "Mobile MyPlate" poster at the 2013 Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium.
- Kirsten Clawson received the 2013 Didactic Program Outstanding Student Award from the Indiana Dietetic Association.
- Amber Nolder received the 2013 Indiana Dietetic Association Scholarship.
- Noelle Carr received the 2012 IDA Outstanding Dietetics Student Award for a CP Program.
- Lyndsey Maxwell-Huss was named the 2012 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior.
- Congratulations to the winning team of CSR and Nutrition Science students who took first prize in the annual Abbott Nutrition Sales competition: Sarah Korni, Jenny Megalli, and Martie Burris.
- Jacquie Sullivan was names the 2011 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Erin Harpenau was names the 2010 Nutrition Science Outstanding Senior
- Tracy Ochs received the 2009 Principle Financial Group Scholarship
- Maggie McKay received the 2009 IDA Scholarship
- Lindsey Maxwell, Monica Poplawski and Rachel Hadley received 2009 Indiana Dietetic Association Membership Scholarships
- Monica Poplawski, Lara Schliter, Lyndsey Maxwell, and Rebecca Hewins received the 2009 Kappa Omicron Nu Scholarships
- Amanda Monroe received the 2009 Maple Leaf Farms Scholarship
- Kristen Barrett received the 2009 Mary Louise Foster Award
- Jocelyn Sherrod received the 2009 Cecelia and Arthur Stuart Memorial Scholarship
- Leslie Cradler, an undergraduate in the Department of Foods and Nutrition, has been awarded a research enhancement award from Purdue's Center for Families for her project, "Are adolescent attitudes toward calcium rich foods and intake of dietary calcium related to the presence of grandparent(s) living in the household?"
- Amy Conklin was named the 2009 Foods and Nutrition Outstanding Senior
- Suzanne "Maggie" McKay is one of three recipients of the 2009 Amelia Earhart Scholarship given to students who demonstrate exemplary leadership skill, determination and potential