- Ph.D., Food Science and Technology/Biochemistry and Biophysics (minor) at Oregon State University in 2004
Awards & Honors
- Editorial Board Member from Cancer Prevention Research, 2009 - Present
- Research in Dr. Stan's laboratory focuses on cancer prevention with diet-derived bioactive compounds. Our goal is to determine the cancer preventive activity of promising diet-derived bioactive compounds and to understand their mechanisms of action by identifying key molecular targets. Current research focuses primarily on pancreatic and breast cancer chemoprevention.
- Stan S.D., Singh S.V., Brand R.E. (2010) Chemoprevention strategies for pancreatic cancer. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology 7(6): 347-356.
- Stan S.D., Singh S.V. (2009) Transcriptional repression and inhibition of nuclear translocation of androgen receptor by diallyl trisulfide in human prostate cancer cells. Clinical Cancer Research 15(15): 4895-4903.
- Singh S.V., Warin R., Xiao D., Powolny A.A., Stan S.D., Arlotti J.A., Zeng Y., Hahm E.R., Marynowski S.W., Bommareddy A., Desai D., Amin S., Parise R.A., Beumer J.H., Chambers W.H. (2009) Sulforaphane inhibits prostate carcinogenesis and pulmonary metastasis in TRAMP mice in association with increased cytotoxicity of natural killer cells. Cancer Research 69(5): 2117-2125.
- Stan S.D., Hahm E.R., Warin R., Singh S.V. (2008) Withaferin A causes FOXO3a- and Bim- dependent apoptosis and inhibits growth of human breast cancer cells in vivo. Cancer Research 68(18): 7661-7669.
- Singh S.V., Powolny A.A., Stan S.D., Xiao D., Arlotti J.A., Warin R., Hahm E.R., Marynowski S.W., Bommareddy, Pottter D.M., Dhir R. (2008) Garlic constituent diallyl trisulfide prevents development of poorly differentiated prostate cancer and pulmonary metastasis multiplicity in TRAMP mice. Cancer Research 68(22): 9503-9511.
- Stan S.D., Kar S., Stoner G.D., Singh S.V. (2008) Bioactive food components and cancer risk reduction. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 104(1): 339-356.
- Stan S.D., Zeng Y., Singh S.V. (2008) Ayurvedic medicine constituent withaferin A causes G2 and M phase cell cycle arrest in human breast cancer cells. Nutrition and Cancer 60(S1): 51-60.
- Herman-Antosiewicz A., Stan S.D., Hahm E.R., Xiao D., Singh S.V. (2007) Activation of a novel ataxia-telangiectasia mutated and Rad3 related/checkpoint kinase 1-dependent prometaphase checkpoint in cancer cells by diallyl trisulfide, a promising cancer chemopreventive constituent of processed garlic. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 6(4): 1249-1261.
|NUTR 31500||Fundamentals of Nutrition|
|NUTR 63400||Nutrition and Cancer Prevention|