Apparel Design and Technology
Turn your flair for art and design into a career in the exciting world of fashion. Learn the business, manufacturing, and design aspects of the fashion industry while building a professional portfolio. During your junior year, you can apply to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City. FIT courses may be applied to degree requirements at Purdue, and an Associate in Applied Science degree from FIT is awarded upon satisfactory completion of the program.
- Apparel designer
- CAD systems manager
- Fashion illustrator
- Freelance designer
- Quality assurance specialist
- Apparel illustration
- Art and design
- Computer-aided design for apparel
- Historic costuming
- Pattern design
- Textile design
- Textile science
- Complete list of CSR courses and descriptions
- Showcase your designs in the annual Spring Fashion Show, an event organized by apparel design and technology students and the Purdue Fashion Association.
- Gain insight into your chosen profession during a field experience at an approved apparel production firm, museum, theatre, or entertainment media firm.
- Learn the latest industry software for CAD and other related applications.
- Participate in the department's International Fashion and Retailing study abroad tour and visit European design houses, manufacturers, and retailers.