Need that something "Extra" ? Attend the Extravaganza to help you prepare for your upcoming job search! Drop-ins welcome!
- When: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
- Where: Stewart Center, Room 318 and 322
- 1:00 - 2:00pm: Industry Panel (STEW 318)
- 1:30 - 4:30pm: Resume Reviews, 30 Second Sell, CCO, Company Research, Professional Dress (STEW 322)
- 2:30 - 3:20pm: Speed Interviewing Session 1 (STEW 318)
- 3:30 - 4:20pm: Speed Interviewing Session 2 (STEW 318)
This is an informal event which offers various resources to assist you in your professional development. All majors are welcome. The extravaganza includes:
- Industry Panel: NEW this year! We will begin the extravaganza with an informal Q and A with Industry Professionals representing various companies.
- Resume Review: Bring your resume and have a one on one review with an industry professional or representative from the Center for Career Opportunities.
- 30 Second Sell: Don't know what to say to recruiters? Come learn and practice with industry professionals.
- CCO Services: The Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) is one of many valuable resources available to you on campus and on the web at www.cco.purdue.edu. Come learn more about the services and resources that they offer. Register for the CCO Express, which enables you to apply for on campus interviews as well as providing you access to the 2,000+ off campus job postings.
- Company Research, Purdue Libraries: Have you ever heard of career wiki? Are you aware of the multiple databases that are available to you at no cost? Here is your opportunity to learn about the valuable online resources which can assist you in your academic research as well as career interests.
- Professional Dress: Do you know the appropriate attire to wear to a job fair, an interview, and/or a site visit? Kohl's Department Stores will be on hand to provide you with some guidelines for professional dress as well as business casual.
- Speed Interview: Pre-registration is required for speed interviewing, contact Molly Gilbert at email@example.com to register. Provide name, major, and time choice (2:30 or 3:30) in your email.