July 28, 2009
Updated instructions for adding printers and mapped drives have been placed on the Instructions page. Newly migrated users please refer to this when setting up your computer.
Oct 23, 2008 We recieve many questions about PDF's throughout the year. We've came up with a couple of resources for those that would like to create PDF's as well as edit PDF's without the need of a licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- PDF Online - a free site where you can upload a document and they email you back a PDF version of it
- PDF Undo - a free site where you can upload a PDF document and have it return an editable Word version
- Print2PDF - free powerful PDF software that gives you a PDF printer to create PDF's
- doPDF - free PDF software that is like Print2PDF but a little less powerful
- Foxit Reader - free faster version of Adobe Acrobat, basic PDF reader
Sept 5, 2007
We have updated the site with a few instructions for tasks that we get asked about frequently. You can get to these new instructions via the link in the left hand column. The added instructions include:
- Adding Calendars in Outlook
- Configuring Outlook on Your Computer
- Configuring and Modifying a Personal Folder in Outlook
- Mapping Your Career Account Home Directory
June 12, 2007
Social Security Number scanning will be done during our computer inventory to make sure that all computers are clean. We'd like to make this resource available to all CFS faculty and staff in order to scan home computers and laptop's that we may not be able to easily access.
We are using the Spider program from Cornell. It is a proven program that finds SSN's in numerous types of files. Please download the program and the instructions in order to scan your computer. The instructions are easier to use if they are printed out before installing the program.